If you are unable to find an answer to your question below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a complete description of your problem or issue, the platform (Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, etc.) and what browser you are using (if you’re on a computer and not a mobile device).
To guarantee that you receive notification emails from Brooksider.net, add email@example.com to your address book or allowed email list.
Registration Tips & Issues
- Your Username is only used when you log into the site.
- The system removes all spaces from Usernames, so if you entered “Tall Man” in the registration form, your actual Username will be “TallMan”. Your welcome email shows how your Username was interpreted by the system.
- This site requires a moderately strong password for everyone’s protection.
- The password requirements are:
- Minimum 8 characters (though longer is always better)
- A combination of lowercase and UPPERCASE letters is stronger
- At least one digit or special character: !@#$%^&*()
Resetting a Lost Password:
If you have forgotten or misplaced your password, you can reset it from the Log In page (“Lost your password?” link), via in the Log In or Register sidebar (“Forgot Password” link), or by clicking this link.
On the “Forgot Password” page, you can use either your Username or registered Email Address. Note that it may take several minutes for your reset email to arrive. You should also check your Spam or Junk folder if it has not arrived after 10 minutes. To guarantee that you receive these notifications, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or allowed email list.
Subscribing to Comments on Posts
Any logged-in user can subscribe to the comment thread of any post. You have the choice of being notified of all replies to that post or just replies to a comment you left on the post. You do not need to leave a reply in order to subscribe.
Subscribing to a Comment Thread:
- Navigate to the post you want to follow and scroll down to the Comments (“Leave a Reply”) section.
- Select your choice from the pop-up menu beside “Notify of”.
- New follow-up comments: Will email you for every new comment in this thread.
- New replies to my comments: Will email you for only new replies to your comment.
- Click the > button to the right of the pop-up menu.
- Alternatively, you can write a comment and check the “Notify of new replies to this comment” box below the comment entry area. This is the same as 2b above.
Unsubscribing from a Comment Thread:
- Navigate to the post you want to unsubscribe from and scroll down to the Comments (“Leave a Reply”) section.
- Click the “Unsubscribe” link.
- Alternatively, you can use the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every notification email.