Looking south on Rimpau Street at the intersection of Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, 1919 (Los Angeles High School is visible in the distance.)
Aerial view of Los Angeles High School and surrounding streets, with Wilshire Boulevard running from center left to top, Olympic Boulevard and Rimpau Boulevard near center (Notice Memorial Library hasn’t been built yet.)
- Millionaire Howard Hughes lived in a 30 room home at 211 Muirfield in Hancock Park from 1926-1942.
- Writer Charles Bukowski lived at 2122 S. Longwood Ave. from age 11 and attended Los Angeles High 1937-1939.
- Mohamed Ali Lived at 55 Fremont Place in the 1970’s.
- Charles Lindbergh lived at 49 Fremont Pl in the 1930’s.
- Mary Pickford lived at 56 Fremont Pl
Fremont Place is circled in this view. Wilshire is the long diagonal above the oval going from right to left. Los Angeles High School is in the lower Left. It is interesting you can actually see the brookside “brook” meandering diagonally across 3rd street and wilshire. Also, Country Club Drive (Olympic) ended at Rimpau.